These instructions are for creating a new Turnitin Assignment. If you are trying to re-create your already existing old Turnitin Assignments with the new LTI, see the Turnitin Re-creation article.
1. Navigate to the module where you would like to add the Turnitin Assignment. Once there, hover your mouse on the Build Content option at the top of the page and select Turnitin from the list. It will be near the bottom of the list options.
2. Once you select the Turnitin option, you will be taken to the LTI set up page. Make sure you expand optional settings to get all options. Pay particular attention to the following:
c. Max Grade (points must be whole numbers only-no decimals)
d. Start Date/Due Date/Release Date
e. Allow late submissions
f. Similarity Report>Generate reports
3. Now that the assignment has been created, it will by default be at the bottom of the module where it was created so you will need to move the assignment up to where you would like for it to be positioned within the module.
- If you have assignment placeholders, you can now either delete or hide those from students and keep only the new assignment visible.
4. Now, go to the Grade Center and move the assignment column that was automatically created to where you would like it using the Manage option at the top and selecting Column Organization.
- Note: When you create a regular Turnitin Assignment, a grade column is already created. However, if you are also using PeerMark, you will have to manually create a grade column for the PeerMark portion and manually enter grades for those peer reviews as PeerMark does not integrate with the Grade Center in Blackboard.
5. (Final Step)The new Turnitin assignment will not automatically be added to a Turnitin category in the grade center. This means if a final grade is weighted by category the columns will need to be manually changed from “No Category” to “Turnitin Assignment” using column organization. If you do not have a Turnitin Assignment Category, you will need to create one first.