If you are having trouble viewing a lecture video in your course, try the following steps:
- If the video gives you an error indicating you need the newest version of Microsoft Silverlight, Quicktime, or Java, then make sure you have installed and updated those plugins.
- It is also important to check your Internet Browser Security Settings. It is possible the videos will not play if the security settings are not set up properly. You may follow our guide to properly set up your security settings.
- If updating the plugins does not allow you to see the video, you can try opening the video in a different browser. If you are unfamiliar with how to do so, you may follow our guide to install additional Internet Browsers.
- If the previous steps did not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the video settings. Please email us with the course name and video name you are trying to watch and we will check the settings.
- If you are still unable to view the lecture video and the settings appear fine, you should call us so that we may remote into your computer to see if we can figure out what the issue is.
If the above steps did not solve the issue, please contact Online Course Technical Support as soon as you experience the problem.
It is likely that your IP is being blocked by our network. Therefore, when you email us to notify us about the issue, please supply us with your IP address.
Your IP can be found by visiting http://www.whatsmyip.org/.
Your IP will be a series of numbers that is similar to the following format: 123.456.78.900 (Four groups of numbers separated by three periods)
Please also include the links you were trying to access, the date/time you attempted to access them, and any error messages you receive.