In order for certain things to load and display properly in your browser, you may need to change some of your internet browser's settings. For example, if your pop-up blocker is on, it could potentially block necessary windows from appearing. Therefore, you can follow the steps below to update your browser to the optimal settings for taking an online course.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top right hand corner of the browser toolbar
2. Click Settings
3. Click Security and Privacy on the left side of the screen and then click Site Settings
4. Scroll down to Pop-ups and redirects
- Allow Pop-ups: If a pop-up is not displaying when it should, scroll down to "Pop-ups" and click either "Allow all sites to show pop-ups" or "Manage exceptions..." and manually enter the URL for the site you are having the issue with.
- Note: When a pop-up is blocked, a notification should typically appear in the upper right corner of the browser window, and it should give you the choice to allow the pop-up or to block it.
Choose Settings from the Firefox menu (the button with 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner).
- Click the Privacy & Security tab and scroll down to Permissions. If you are needing to allow pop-ups to be displayed, uncheck the "Block pop-up windows" box or manually enter the site URL into the "Exceptions..." to only allow pop-ups from that particular site.
3. If you have issues other than enabling/disabling pop-ups you may browse Firefox's support page for "Privacy and Security Settings."
1. Open Safari
2. In the upper left corner of the desktop screen, click on Safari while a browser window is open.
3. Click on Preferences
4. Click on the Security tab
- Click the Settings and more... button.
- Click Settings.
- Click Privacy & security.
- Scroll down to Security.
- Click the Block pop-ups switch to toggle it between Off and On. Note: Set this option to Off to disable the pop-up blocker or On to enable it.